Visiting Israel with your kids is fun, exciting, and educational. It is an adventure that you and your children will remember forever. There’s so much to do and see that it’s important to plan ahead to make the most of your trip.
If you’re wondering about how you’ll manage with language issues and safety, don’t worry. There are many activities geared toward English speakers. Most Israeli guides are fluent in English. Israel’s safety regulations are on par with those in other developed countries, so all you need to think about is how much fun you and your kids will have.
Here is just a sampling of ideas to inspire you. Your little ones can enjoy fun gyms, petting zoos, arts and crafts, puppet plays, donkey rides, or bee farms (yes, bee farms!). For slightly older kids with lots of energy, think Action Park, ATV/jeep rides, kayaking, rock climbing, and horseback riding.
There are plenty of educational experiences available as well: museums, tours of factories, learning the art of ancient spices, silk, and honey, and scavenger hunts exploring the various neighborhoods of Jerusalem. For fun in the sun don’t miss out on glassbottom boat rides, the dolphin reef, and Israel’s national parks.
- Pe’alton Gymboree has locations throughout Israel (Toddlers)
- Beedvash in Kfar Chabad is a petting zoo (Ages 3+)
- Diaspora Museum, Beit Hatfutzot, on the Tel Aviv University campus, to learn about the ongoing story of the Jewish people. (Age 6+)
- Tnuva factory visitor center in Rehovot demonstrates how milk gets from the cow to your fridge (Ages 6+)
- Tel Aviv’s Sportek Climbing Wall offers rock-climbing lessons (Ages 9+)
- Train Theatre offers puppet plays, story telling and more. (Ages 2+)
- Bowling Center is a great way to spend a rainy day (Ages 6+)
- Jerusalem Scavenger Hunt (Ages 9+)
- Ammunition Hill Museum to learn about the liberation and reunification of Jerusalem (Ages 9+)
- Keyad Hadimyon, outside Modiin, not far from Jerusalem, for arts and crafts (Ages 3+)
- Philip Farm in the northern Negev for donkey rides and other fun activities (All ages)
- Eilat’s Yisrael-Yam (glass bottom boat ride) for a relaxing ride along the Red Sea (All ages)
- Dolphin Reef (Eilat) to watch dolphins in their natural habitat (All ages)
- Kiryat Gat’s Action Park offers thrilling rides, games and more (Ages 6+)
- Eilat’s Camel Ranch for adventurous horseback riding (Ages 6+)
- Devorat Hatavor in Moshav Shadmot Devora, for a bee farm and petting zoo (Ages 3+)
- 101 Kilometer, south of Paran, home to the largest reptile farm in the Middle East, for ATV/jeep rides (All ages)
- The Galilee’s Etz Habakbukim (Bottle Tree) to learn to make ancient spices (Ages 6+)
- Achziv Beach National Park, north of Nahariya, has stunning views and natural and artificial seawater pools (All ages)
- Hagosherim kayaks, in Hagoshrim, offers an adventurous kayak ride down the Jordan River (Ages 3+)
Go to Israelkids.co.il to get a full list of fun activities for children as well as discount coupons for many of these attractions.